Hi members! It has been awhile since I have posted in here! It has been very busy. My goal is to write a post in here once a month to keep everyone updated on everything Tornado Talk!
Since September, we have released two new summaries and two major updates to previous summaries. We are now placing those right on the home page but here are the links in case you missed them:
College Park, MD F3 Tornado – September 24, 2001 – Updated Summary
The South Dakota Tornado Outbreak of August 28, 1884 – New Premium Summary
Ivy-Mechums River, VA F3 Tornado – September 30, 1959 – Major update to this previous summary!
Uniontown, PA EF1 Tornado – February 15, 2018 – New Free Summary
We are actively working on two summaries that we hope to release after Thanksgiving. One is a brand new event from 1992 and the other is a MAJOR overhaul of a 2011 event!
Two more summaries are a-coming at the end of the year.
We are also actively working on new ways to display all of our summaries so stay tuned!
Thank you SO very much for your support. We could not keep Tornado Talk going without you!!
Note: There are some images/videos in our summaries that were licensed to us to be used only on this website. If you would like to use an image/video in your project or blog, please contact us and we will grant permission if possible.
Newspaper clips are embedded via newspapers.com. Please see their terms and conditions.
Would you like to see more summaries like this one? Support Tornado Talk on Patreon! Become a Patron!
Giovanni Rizzotti · August 25, 2021 at 5:31 pm
1. I absolutely enjoyed reading all of the super outbreak summaries, they had some incredible stuff in them and I am so thankful for Nick, Jen, and Nelson for their work on them.
2. I love the new daily blog! A little mix of everything, its perfect.
3. I’m honestly not sure, since I feel as if every old summary could get an awesome revamp.
4. I have a LOT of events that I would love to be seen dived into. Here are the biggest ones:
April 14-16, 2011 tornado outbreak
April 2, 2006 tornado outbreak
March 11-13, 2006 tornado outbreak
May 22-31, 2008 tornado outbreak
Laguna Park, Texas F3 tornado – May 12, 2000
Indianapolis-Greenfield, Indiana F4 tornado – June 11, 1998
5. I would love to see some stuff done on hurricanes, that would be pretty cool to see.
6. As of now, I don’t have any other suggestions as the site is amazing already. But if I do, I’ll be sure to mention it in the future.
Matthew Gaines · August 25, 2021 at 6:47 pm
1.) I enjoyed the 2011 Super Outbreak summaries. The amount of detail and photographs contained in them were absolutely astonishing. Nick, Nelson, and Jen; Excellent work!
2.) I love on the mix of meteorological and historical events contained in it. I believe it’ll make a great fit for the website.
3.) Perhaps the 3/29/1998 St. Peter/Comfrey Tornado Outbreak? I think there’s a lot more info out there that could be uncovered, especially for Comfrey.
4.) I’ve discovered a lot of potential summaries. They are, but limited to:
– 5/6/1965 Twin Cities Tornado Outbreak
– 4/30/1967 Southern Minnesota Tornado Outbreak
– 6/11/1966 Brainerd Lakes Region F4 tornado
– 6/14/1981 HarMar Mall Tornado
– 4/14/1886 Sauk Rapids/Rice Tornado
5.) I think It would be a good idea to expand onto other types of weather, but as a special feature. Like for example, something for big anniversaries (i.e. The Halloween Blizzard of 1991, The Edmund Fitzgerald Storm of 11/10/1975, The 1894 Hinckley Firestorm, etc.)
6.) Not that I can think of at the moment.
Jacob Crawford · August 25, 2021 at 6:54 pm
1) Absolutely! I am going to go back and read through them in more detail when I get some more free time. I have been insanely busy.
2) I like the daily stuff! It gives me a break from my work.
3) Jarrell 😉
4) The Zoom calls were great!
5) Documenting hurricanes might be interesting! Nelson is a great 🙂
6) I still want a spinni boi flag