This summary looks back at an estimated F2 tornado from February 8, 1935. It crossed through parts of Liberty and Houston Counties, TX. Information for this event came from the following resources:
- Thomas Grazulis in Significant Tornadoes
- Newspaper articles via newspapers.com
Here are the stats on this event from Thomas Grazulis:
Hit at 1900 local time. There were 70 injuries and 12 fatalities. The path length was 10 miles and the width 300 yards. Rating given: F2.
Details from Grazulis:
- Moved east.
- Frail homes on four plantations hit.
- Moved from Ninevah, 12 miles NE of Centerville through Darsey to Reynard.
- One person killed and 30 injured in Leon County.
- 11 killed and 40 injuries at the Murray Plantation near Reynard.
Click Map To Enlarge
Since we don’t have official coordinates, I used the information from Thomas Grazulis to map the tornado track. He stated the tornado moved to the east from near Ninevah, 12 miles NE of Centerville. It move through Darsey and near Reynard. I found coordinates for Ninevah and Darsey.
Note: Exact tornado path may not be straight and/or continuous.
Did you enjoy reading about this event? Help us create MORE summaries like this one by becoming a Supporter on Patreon!
Questions or comments about this summary? Contact us here: http://tornadotalk.com/contact-us/
Join the tornado history discussion on our Discord Channel: https://discordapp.com/invite/Xm43dQj