This summary looks back at an estimated F2 tornado from February 8, 1935. It crossed through parts of Liberty and Houston Counties, TX. Information for this event came from the following resources:
- Thomas Grazulis in Significant Tornadoes
- Newspaper articles via newspapers.com
Here are the stats on this event from Thomas Grazulis:
Hit at 1900 local time. There were 70 injuries and 12 fatalities. The path length was 10 miles and the width 300 yards. Rating: F2.
Details from Grazulis:
- Moved east.
- Frail homes on four plantations hit.
- Moved from Ninevah, 12 miles NE of Centerville through Darsey to Reynard.
- One person killed and 30 injured in Leon County.
- 11 killed and 40 injuries at the Murray Plantation near Reynard.
Note: There are some images/videos in our summaries that were licensed to us to be used only on this website. If you would like to use an image/video in your project or blog, please contact us and we will grant permission if possible.
Newspaper clips are embedded via newspapers.com. Please see their terms and conditions.