Hi Members! Happy New Year! It was a very busy end to 2021 and 2022 and started off just as hectic! It is all good stuff as we continue to focus in on telling the best tornado history summaries we can!
A few things to announce:
1. Nelson Tucker has completed a set of amazing summaries about the
Calumet-El Reno-Piedmont-Guthrie EF5 Tornado – May 24, 2011! Here is the link to the overview which is free to the public and this will take you to all the summaries which are available to members only. Nelson’s work is fantastic and he worked very hard putting these together. We hope you enjoy!
3. One of our goals for 2021 was to create an interactive map so you could see where we have tornado summaries. And we accomplished that goal. Here is the link to our map!
4. If you are on Tik Tok, well, we are too! We just started posting there and our videos are also part of our Facebook and Instagram stories and YouTube Shorts! Now there are even more ways to get your tornado history! Our Tik Tok username is: tornado_talk
We are looking for your feedback!
Thank you so much for your support of Tornado Talk! Some of you have been members for almost a year. It is through your support that we have been able to accomplish as much as we have with our writing and research and to grow the website by moving to the cloud to give us more space and memory.
As paying members of Tornado Talk, you have a vested interest in where we are going in 2022! Tornado Talk is an LLC but we are far from being one focused on profit. Our goals are to help the weather, science, education and history communities by providing detailed summaries about tornado history. It takes a lot of time and effort to achieve that goal and the memberships help offset the costs to sustain the business. And in 2021 we were able to give back to disaster relief by helping those impacted by the KY Tornadoes.
As we move forward in 2022, we plan to keep the memberships in place but I am wanting to do some re-structuring of what is offered to members. Here is where you come in. I welcome feedback either as a comment on this blog or via email to me at firstname.lastname@example.org about the following items as it pertains to the membership.
1. Why are you a Tornado Talk member?
2. If we were to make many of our future summaries free to the public versus premium, would you still support the website?
3. What type of membership perks would you like to see? (examples: some Tornado Talk swag, exclusive audio, the zoom calls, etc.) OR do perks even matter?
4. What are ways you would like to see us improve your membership experience?
If you could send me feedback by January 25, that would be most helpful. It is my hope by early February, to restructure our goals and enhance the membership experience. We want to balance this with providing quality work not only to our members but to the general public.
I look forward to hearing from you!
Jen Narramore, Owner of Tornado Talk
Note: There are some images/videos in our summaries that were licensed to us to be used only on this website. If you would like to use an image/video in your project or blog, please contact us and we will grant permission if possible.
Newspaper clips are embedded via newspapers.com. Please see their terms and conditions.