Path length: 5.4 miles
Width: 250 yards
Per the SPC Database, 7 tornadoes occurred on March 28, 1975. The strongest, given a rating of F4, is the topic of this summary. It developed just SW of Warren, AR and moved to the northeast through the center of town before dissipating. The path length was 5.4 miles. 151 buildings were destroyed and 100 buildings sustained major damage. Another 200 had minor damage. The city’s major employer, “The Potlach Corporation” sustained extensive damage. There were 7 fatalities and 50 injuries.
We gathered information for this event from the SPC & NCDC Databases, the March 1975 Storm Data Publication and Thomas Grazulis in Significant Tornadoes and found the following differences:
- SPC/NCDC have the length at 5.4 miles.
- Storm Data and Grazulis have a 4 mile path.
- SPC and NCDC list the tornado in Bradley County. The city of Warren is in this county and was hit by the tornado.
- When you plot the lat/lon, the path lies completely in Bradley County.
- Storm Data and Grazulis list the county as Union.
- Storm Data list 50 injuries for the event.
- Remaining sources list 51 injuries.
Did you enjoy reading about this event? Help us create MORE summaries like this one by becoming a Supporter on Patreon!
Questions or comments about this summary? Contact us here: https://tornadotalk.com/contact-us/
Join the tornado history discussion on our Discord Channel: https://discordapp.com/invite/Xm43dQj